Wednesday, June 17, 2009

LOVE is a Strong Word

What can I do for God? What can I do for others? Sound like the great commandment of love? Well those are the two basic questions that we need to ask ourselves. Today, I am being led into a direction that is a little uncomfortable. One that requires desire and disciple which leads to delight and needs to be filled with complete faith as I remain committed to prayer. As I read my devotional today, a spark was being re-lite in my heart and the fuel was being poured on. And my hope is that a fire will burn so bright that others will see the light.

My desire is for my many "unsaved", secular, worldly, work-during-the-day-drunk-at-night friends to come into the light, the truth. To come to the realization that there is a living God who came to the earth He created and died so they can truly live. So they can have a hope, a purpose, and come to realize their divine plan.

So my conviction is to pray for three of my closest friends for 30 days, and truly believe for fruitful results. Conversations that matter. Ultimately for the Salvation for their souls. The passage below gives great revelation on how to specifically pray for this Salvation to become a reality.

"You see, in spite of the fact that most all unbelievers who have purposely refused to receive Jesus as Lord think they've made that decision of their own free will, the truth is, they haven't. The Word of God says they've been blinded by Satan. He's blocking their perception of the truth. So their decision hasn't been freely made at all.
That's important for you to grasp. Because through the prayer of intercession, you can interfere with the satanic forces and help take those blinders off! You can also change circumstances with your prayers and help create situations that will bring them in contact with the Lord. You're well within your spiritual rights when you do that.

I prayed with a friend of mine once who'd been praying for his lost brother for years. Jesus said in Matthew 12:29 to first bind the strong man and then enter his house and spoil his goods. So we said, "You spirit blinding the eyes of ______________, you stop what you are doing to keep him out of the kingdom of God. In Jesus' Name, you stop NOW!"
Jesus also said in Matthew 9:38, "Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest that he will send forth labourers into his harvest." So we prayed, "Lord, send someone to ____________ with the Word of God. You know who he will listen to. We claim _____________ for the kingdom of God. We believe we receive his salvation and deliverance. In faith we praise You for it.""

2 Corinthians 4 states;

1 Therefore, since God in his mercy has given us this new way, we never give up. 2 We reject all shameful deeds and underhanded methods. We don’t try to trick anyone or distort the word of God. We tell the truth before God, and all who are honest know this.
3 If the Good News we preach is hidden behind a veil, it is hidden only from people who are perishing. 4 Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.
5 You see, we don’t go around preaching about ourselves. We preach that Jesus Christ is Lord, and we ourselves are your servants for Jesus’ sake. 6 For God, who said, “Let there be light in the darkness,” has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ.
7 We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.


God is so Good. My godless friends need a intimate love relationship with our Saviour Jesus. My heart goes out to them for their eternal destiny. Do you have a person in your life that needs the love of God?? I believe we all have at least one person already on our hearts and in our mind that needs our daily prayer for salvation. Who needs to see the light, needs the blinders removed and the saving power of God's living Spirit.

My 30 day challenge to myself and to those who are bold enough to journey for the lost is this: For 30 consecutive days pray specifically for 1 to 3 unsaved family members or close friends. Set aside specific days to sacrifice for them by adding fasting for the powerful results for this loved ones soul. 30 days of commitment, of praise and thanking God for the salvation of their souls. Pray for labours in the harvest to come and bring powerful words of thee abundant life through Jesus Christ the living God. Finally expect a supernatural conversation of confirmation with this loved one that will ignite and encourage your faith through the faithful sacrifice of our prayers offered.


This action will take real faith! For me, when I think about this (in the natural) it is almost impossible and unlikely that I will see a significant transformation in my friends. It seems so far fetched because for so long I have seen their character and know how they live. However, if I diligently pray for them, sacrifice, and exercise my faith, I will boldly expect results. I am believing for fruit-filled conversations about the grace of God.

I believe in God. I believe in the harvest. I believe in the power and the love of God. I believe God answers prayer. I know God responds to diligent sacrifice. I know God can do abundantly more than I can ever expect or imagine. He is MORE than enough. And I know with God ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!

I TRUST HIM. HE IS A GOD OF POWER and LOVE.

Will you journey with me? Will you take on this bold challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment